Scrum Master II
As a Scrum Master II within Liberty Mutual's Global Cybersecurity group (GCS), you'll play a critical role in shaping the way teams deliver solutions to protect a Fortune 100 organization. You will be the Scrum Master to multiple teams in the Identity and Access Management group to enable the team's successful delivery of services but also to grow the agile skills and mindset of the team members. Your contributions in this role will be an important element of our agile development and delivery practice, helping realize our vision to continuously improve the way we work.
About the job
- You will support Identity and Access Management teams, coaching the teams on how to use Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- Facilitate transparency, inspection, and adaption.
- Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement with a focus on growing the capabilities by all team members. Manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Provide guidance and insight throughout all service delivery organizational positions (directors, managers, product owners, team members)
- Focus on increasing the skill and understanding of Agile practices and values across all interactions.
- Actively coach team members on continual improvement, growth mindset and maturing current Agile adoption.
- Cultivate a team culture/environment of continuous learning and improvement.
- Administer metrics tracking and other means to aid team in overall planning and team throughput.
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of maturity.
- Observe & provide consistent, impactful feedback for team Agile development.
- Actively seek coaching and mentoring from more experienced SMs and coaches on Lean-Agile techniques and mindset and guides them on their personal change and growth journey.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts.
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline and at least five years related experience as a project team member, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Agile certification strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.