Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryInnovative thinking, creative problem-solving, and a determination to challenge the status-quo, these are some of the defining qualities for participants of our Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP). This two to three-year experiential program is designed to grow and develop your technology and self-leadership skills. Each experience will consist of a combination of hands-on opportunities, access to a robust multi-tiered curriculum, and a mentoring program to prepare you for a dynamic career. You will have the opportunity to explore multiple technologies while learning from different leaders within Travelers.
As a Technology LDP participant, you will model the way for others and set a personal example of what is expected. You will be expected to positively challenge processes and identify new and innovative ways to get work done more effectively and efficiently. You will be expected to take initiative, embrace change, actively listen to, and support diverse points of view and celebrate the success of others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The program is multi-faceted and offers a curriculum focused on disruptive technologies, insurance, strategy, leading self and influencing others. Additional program components include mentoring, networking, and career guidance.
TLDP participant duties will vary based on the specific opportunities presented within each experience. Some examples may include (but are not limited to):
- Contributing to the overall software design strategy by planning, developing, testing, and implementing software solutions that enable our products, distribution workflows, customer, agent, and employee experiences
- Leveraging modern software engineering and analytic tools and practices, design, deliver, and support state-of-the-art and high performing infrastructure platforms and services enabling business operations and technology solutions.
- Protect Travelers' information and technology assets as a member of our highly skilled Cybersecurity Team. Monitor and respond to security events; enhance identity and access management through automation and cutting-edge solutions; and engage with business areas to improve Travelers' security and risk posture across applications, infrastructure and third parties.
- An undergraduate degree with a technology major or minor; or the successful completion of a state-licensed technical bootcamp.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred; Suggested majors include (but are not limited to): Software Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, and Cybersecurity.
- 3 years or less of technology related experience (may include one or more internship experiences in the Technology field).
- Exposure to Object-oriented programming (OOP) in one major language.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and social awareness, empathy and balances confidence with humility.
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound judgment, making decisions and committing to a position.
- Learning agility: Demonstrated aptitude for learning and applying new capabilities in actuarial and analytics.
- Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to works with and include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills including the ability to seek out, build, foster and maintain productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Technical curiosity: Self-starter with a strong track record of exploring new technologies, applications and environments beyond required job and/or educational commitments.
- Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness to learn.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.