Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryDevelops data and analytics that support profit and loss for a particular product or Line-of-Business (LOB). Provides detailed analysis of profitability, pricing, and growth for a product or line of business. Supports the formulation and implementation of product or LOB strategies through increased analysis and focus on competitor behaviors, marketplace dynamics, LOB and product analysis. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the successful execution and completion of assigned strategic initiatives and projects
- Helps develop solutions to resolve challenges of an initiative
- Propose change and innovation in order to improve project team performance and timelines
- This position may participate on cross-unit initiatives and/or Enterprise initiatives
- With guidance, performs line management analyses to solve business problems
- Support components of unit initiatives. Begin to support broad department initiatives
- Take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments
- Begin to make proposals in accordance with department practices
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the Enterprise within the scope of influence
- With guidance, communicates analysis, project results, and other business initiatives to peers and business partners
- Communicates topics to both a technical and non-technical audience within the primary working group with guidance from manager
- Actively participates in group discussions at the unit level
- With guidance, helps to create formal written communication such as memos or presentations
- Networks and collaborates on ideas and challenges
- Performance management
- Mentor less experienced talent across the Enterprise
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit
- Support various training and skill development initiatives across assigned Segment and the Enterprise
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Mathematics, Management Information, Finance, Actuarial Science, Economics or other related field
- 2 years of experience in data analytics
- General knowledge of Business Insurance lines, products and systems
- Working knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge/Critical Thinking:
- Able to extract and analyze data
- Team Orientation:
- Ability to interact with business partners, work with the DOI and connections within the Industry to gather competitive intelligence
- Planning and Project Management:
- Ability to handle shifting priorities
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to self-direct; strong sense of urgency in meeting deadlines
- Communication Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understands basic actuarial concepts such as loss development and trending
- Solid understanding of competitive analysis tools
- Understanding of basic ratemaking and its application, such as profitability, risk loads, etc.
- Solid understanding of techniques and models used to forecast insurance financials
- Understands and is able to access available sources of Travelers and Industry trend information
- Solid understanding of, and good working relationship with, claim, business centers, call centers, and information technology
- Understands the workflow and terminology of these areas and their impact on profit and loss
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Access, and Word
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.