Auto Body Repair Specialist
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Responsible for overseeing an assigned portfolio of Direct Repair Shops (DRP) shops to ensure that work performed is in alignment with Service Level Agreements. Provides technical and procedural expertise to guide DRP in relation to the claim's appraisal process and vehicle repairs. Leading the training and evaluation of the DRP in the claim's appraisal process is expected.
- Coordinates the selection, training and evaluation of auto repair shops by analyzing data to identify performance effectiveness. Provides feedback and recommendations for improvement to those involved in the claim's appraisal process.
- Provides technical advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, shop management, garage expertise and opinions on whether specific damage is related to a particular accident.
- Creates action plans for shop improvement and, if appropriate, submit a recommendation for dissolution of the Agreement if improvement is not attained.
- Resolves disagreements and negotiates with auto repair facilities, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders.
- May participate in new vendor recruiting process in a subject matter expert role within the on-boarding process.
- Assists claims management in the resolution of complaints.
- Participates with the Supervisor in special assignments
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requirements include extensive knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of automated appraisal systems, shop repair process, and understand overall claims operations. Field investigative experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Auto shop products and contract language including regulatory and policy differences among applicable states.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form. Ability to build relationships with other departments and promote teamwork.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years of directly related experience.
- Licensing and certification are required.
- For car custodians, a valid driver's license is required.