Principal/Senior Data Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Senior Data Analyst / Principal Data Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation of how people work and deliver solutions.
Global Retail Markets (GRM) Data and Analytics Engineering is actively searching for a highly productive member of a distributed, dynamic agile team to serve as a technical expert in analysis, design, coding, and testing innovative data warehouse reporting solutions. This position will support Distribution domain within Business Data Solutions Engineering. This is a range posting; the hiring manager is open to a Senior Data Analyst / Principal Data Analyst.
As a Senior Data Analyst / Principal Data Analyst, you will work collaboratively on a geographically diverse agile team to develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from user stories and technical/architectural specifications. You will analyze complex technical system problems and create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery of a variety of quality data products and expertise supporting the Distribution Domain and the broader GRM US Operations. Currently focusing on a variety of initiatives supporting the ADP, Salesforce Platform, Agency Systems and associated strategic partners for Distribution Domain customers. In this role you will work on a highly collaborative team that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset and capability.
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative data-driven solutions
- Participate in the evaluation of business requirements
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Analyze data and technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions
- Work with data engineers on development efforts including designing, coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Assist in data management deliverables such as business need analysis, data source identification and analysis and data modeling techniques
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's or master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Generally, 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience developing back end, database/warehouse technology solutions
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms such as Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Cloud based databases, Snowflake
- Unix, AWS
- Extensive experience with SQL and database query tools
- Requires critical thinking, data analysis, data profiling and data modeling experience (Data Vault experience a plus)
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Must be proactive and self-driven, demonstrated initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership
- Excited by trying new technology and learning new tools
- Experience with Snowflake, SQL Assistant, DBVisualizer
- Understanding of insurance industry and products
- Python experience a plus