Software Engineer OR Sr. Software Engineer
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As a software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
If you're a curious learner who has a penchant for getting things done, thrives on solving challenging technical problems, and enjoy working on high visibility business solutions, we want you to join our tech team! GRM US PL Products and Underwriting is actively seeking a Software Engineer OR a Sr. Software Engineer to join a talented agile team working to support, enhance and build products in the GRM US Telematics space. We focus on delivering cutting edge products to our customers that are priced based on their driving behavior! We are seeking motivated Software Engineers with an API First design mindset to help us grow our team. In addition, we are looking for Software Engineers with experience building and maintaining cloud-native architectures that supports a global customer base. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative projects that impact the entire enterprise.
Note: This is a range posting, meaning we can hire someone as either a grade 14 Software Engineer or grade 16 Sr. Software Engineer. The level will depend on the hired candidate's experience and qualifications.
In this role you will.
- Develop maintainable/scalable, effective, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Conduct impact analysis.
- Develop component design.
- Develop system/application architecture.
- Develop production support documentation.
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Work within a project team on iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
- Analyze user stories for validity and feasibility.
- Provide functional/system integration testing support.
- Plan work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Understand and leverage the existing CI/CD pipeline.
- Mentor new Engineers and junior Engineers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Three or more years of software engineering experience
- An ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language, preferably Java.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban or XP preferred)
- Demonstrated success in platform modernization initiatives, utilizing technologies such as REST; micro services; cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud; and Java, NodeJS and Spring Boot.
- Strong oral and written communication skillsand a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers.
- A collaborative, adaptable working style, demonstrated initiative and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts.
- A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.