Product Owner II IC - GRS Data Tech
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Tech at Liberty Mutual offers the challenge and creativity of a startup with the financial backing and stability of a large company that's our opportunity for you. Liberty Mutual has been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us.
The GRS Business Data Solutions Engineering team is seeking a Product Owner to join the North America (NA) data tech group. The NA data group partners closely with business users to develop best-in-class data products for analytics and reporting.
In this role, the PO will be responsible for curating and prioritizing the data backlog, setting quality standard for delivery, and enhancing the data experience for all stakeholders. This role operates at the intersection of Business and Technology to deliver products and solutions that achieve business objectives and improve how data is used across the organization.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for articulating and translating the product vision into feature(s) and capabilities. Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) for products/features in scope. Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement). Helps key stakeholders to better understand the product vision.
- Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and remove barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the `voice of the customer.
- Partners with Scrum Master(s) to provide feedback, support, and coaching to Agile teams
- Build deep relationships with our customers. Acts as the 'voice of the customer' to build products that people love.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a bachelor's degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, statistics or related field)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in business, engineering, technology, and/or consulting.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in data domain (data engineering, data management, data product development, etc.)
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on the business vision and plan, and the impact of change.
- Ability to make quick and challenging decisions daily.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity.
- A strong focus on the customer experience.
- Ability to use data to prioritize and make tradeoff decisions.