Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
About the job:
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our Document Solutions Pub API team that will bring their passion and excitement for software and engineering practices to help build new, modern solutions for our growing business. The Pub API application is the solution of choice across GRM and this role will have the unique opportunity to partner with engineers from Products, Claims, Finance, Business Lines, Safeco and across the globe to scale, optimize and build features for highly visible native apps. The team also supports the E-Sign application that provides a real time interface with our digital solution to electronically sign documents. This role will have the opportunity to solvie challenging technical problems and build new skills using cutting edge technologies.
This is a highly distributed team with members in New Hampshire, Seattle and Texas. We are open to someone working remotely, or who can work from one of these locations periodically when it is safe to do so.
NOTE: This is a range posting, and candidates will be considered for Software and/or Senior Software Engineer roles. The actual grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, solutions engineers and other teams to drive complex solutions
- Be able to view the work and discussions with a broad lens which takes into account multiple systems, vendors and business users perspectives
- Be willing to think differently, ask questions, learn, and innovate
- Work in an agile environment focused on transparency and open communication
- Be a technical leader and contribute to the development and growth of the team
- Participate in a support rotation to include off hours as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or 4+ years relevant work experience.
- Generally, 3+ years work experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards
- Knowledge and experience with Java
- Knowledge and experience using Sprint Boot, AWS, Jenkins/Bamboo
- Generally, 3+ years of experience developing backend/RESTful services
- Experience developing in a consumer-facing SaaS environment
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts