Product Owner II - IC / STP
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform how software is delivered? Do you want to improve the developer experience at a Forbes 100 company? As a Product Owner II at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment, delivery innovative and creative industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
The Secure DevOps Platform team is looking for a Product Owner to lead capability definition and enablement for Cloud Security and Azure Cloud. As a Product Owner on this team, you will be responsible for understanding customer needs and prioritizing the backlog to produce the most valuable features for the customers. Our Product Owners understand the intersection of our Market IT Partner's needs, Customer Driven Design, and Technology, delivering products and services that achieve team objectives and improve customer satisfaction as demonstrated by relevant KPIs.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 18, Product Owner II. However, candidates will be considered for Grade 17 and 18 roles in the Agile job family. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
About the job:
- Define and articulate a clear data product strategy, vision, and roadmap in collaboration with the business and data teams.
- Responsible for articulating and translating the product vision into feature(s) and capabilities. Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) for products/features in scope. Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement). Helps key stakeholders to better understand the product vision.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and remove barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the `voice of the customer.
- Partners with Scrum Master(s) to provide feedback, support, and coaching to Agile.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Information Technology, computer science, etc.). Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years direct experience with agile teams as well as 7+ years in engineering/technology
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on the business vision and plan, and the impact of change.
- Ability to make quick and challenging decisions daily.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity.
- A strong focus on the customer experience.
- Ability to use data to prioritize and make tradeoff decisions.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.