Principal / Senior Software Engineer - Remote
Do you love knowing that the work you're doing is making an impact? Our property team in Claims Technology allows you to do just that by working on the systems that are used every time a customer needs to submit a property claim with Liberty Mutual.
The Cobra Kai team, a part of GRM US Claims Technology, is looking for a Principal or Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This role will have the unique opportunity to work across two different areas of our claims systems. Working with a team of other highly motivated and driven individuals, they will focus on shaping and moving forward a shared vision and direction for the property and home estimation space. The team is looking for another innovative, self-motivated, problem solver who is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, solutions engineers, and other teams in the department to drive complex solutions
- Be able to view the work and discussions with a broad lens which takes into account multiple systems, vendors, and business users perspectives
- Be willing to think differently, ask questions, learn, and innovate
- Work in an agile environment focused on transparency and open communication
- Contribute to the development and growth of the team
- Participate in a support rotation to include off hours as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 5+ years' work experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards
- Knowledge and experience using Spring Boot, AWS CDK/CFT Components, NoSQL/Oracle Database, Gradle/Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, ReactUI or Angular
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
- Conversant in software architecture and design patterns.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.