Solutions Engineer, Software
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
The Surety team in the GRS organization is looking to hire a Solutions Engineer, Software. As an aid to the squads, the candidate will meet with other technical and business leaders across the organization to assure alignment with our technology decisions and direction.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures.
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability.
- 10+ years of related software engineering experience
- Cloud focused mentality, growth mindset, active learner
- Experience with but not limited to Java, Ruby, Python, Node, Bootstrap, Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB, PCF/OCF, AWS, Bamboo, Jira, Git
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban), paired programming, TDD
- Experience in CI/CD tools and techniques
- Strong focus on team first mentality and core agile principles
- Track record of innovation and self-learning
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary frameworks and emerging technologies.
- A history of practicing DevOps and SecOps.
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including knowledge of global business, technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, consensus building and influencing capabilities.
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions.
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams.
- Proven ability to speak to varying levels of the organization and successfully collaborate cross organization.
- Work collaboratively with product owners, scrum masters, engineering managers and other engineers to drive technology decisions and support 'engineering excellence'.
- Ability to mentor others and raise the team's technical capabilities.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.