Note: Compensation for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
Liberty Mutual is currently seeking a Technical Apprentice to perform building-related HVAC, electrical or other technical maintenance, service, and repairs under limited supervision. Responsible for a wide variety of tasks which transcend several trade boundaries. Skilled in a wide variety of hand and power tools to perform work assignments and ensure that quality work and cleanup is completed, adhering to all safety procedures. Proactively identifies and reports building deficiencies back to Engineering Manager.
- Assists licensed HVAC mechanics and licensed electricians in completing routine inspections, preventive maintenance, general repairs, wiring and specific project-related work.
- Perform a variety of maintenance, operations and repairs to HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems including chilled water, dx cooling, hot water, steam, Siemens building automation system, air handlers, pumps, computer room AC and life safety systems.
- Performs routine and emergency HVAC or electrical repairs.
- Interprets engineering drawings and equipment manuals related to system components.
- Actively pursues energy conservation opportunities and recommends improvements.
- Ability to work extended hours. This may occasionally include weekends, holidays and shutdowns to meet required project(s) schedule and workload.
Must be able to be on call as required and carry a cell phone to respond to facility emergencies.
Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for work orders- Repairs, Service calls, Preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles, shop techniques and the ability to use the tools of the trade.
- Performs routine service of HVAC controls and electrical systems in a customer environment.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, blueprints, systems, or diagrams to repair and maintain equipment.
- Requires a broad working knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials used for HVAC/Electrical technical service and maintenance work.
- High school education, two-year degree, or equivalent training, plus 1-3 years of general facility maintenance experience.
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.