Remote Senior Software Engineer
The GRM PL Products group is currently hiring a Senior or Principal Software Engineer to join the Iteration Kids squad. This person will provide expertise in building microservices and related capabilities using Cloud Native Technologies. We are looking for someone who is skilled in employing modern patterns and standards like Event Driven architecture, building distributed systems that are scalable, and should help other team members in adopting these technologies. The team predominantly works on building APIs that interact with 3rd party vendors like Lexis Nexis, Corelogic etc. We also support existing legacy systems which will eventually be modernized.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, you'll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software.
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients' needs first, you'll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software.
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Principal Software Engineer. However, candidates will be considered for either a Senior Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer. The actual internal level for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, Java, Spring, relational and non-relational databases, and SQL, Event-Driven Architectures, Rules Engines, and Quality Engineering.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Engineers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, including data analysis and familiarity with ACORD-structured data.
- Knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to simplify complex processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation, and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- High proficiency with web / microservice design and engineering principles.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.