Senior Actuarial Analyst/ Actuary - Reserving Special Projects
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Global Retail Markets (GRM) US Reserving Special Projects role will have two primary responsibilities that exemplify the risk-based reserving and innovation focus of the broader department. The first is to be a versatile reserving expert, uncovering deep insights into problem lines and coverages. This will require having a broad spectrum of industry and internal knowledge across all of GRM. The second is to constantly elevate the reserving practice of the department into the future by continually researching and implementing advanced method and solutions to broad scope problems from data start to process finish.
- Ability to synthesize a broad array of information.
- Natural curiosity to research, explore, and implement new areas of interest pertinent to reserving and modeling.
- Ability to independently ideate and execute successful deep dives into areas of interest and value-add for given coverages of high-activity.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, various modeling methodologies (including, but not limited to, Time Series, GLMs, and Machine Learning techniques) and ability to design and build models from the ground up based on broader specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of reserving practices and techniques including more advanced methodologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of all lines and coverages in the LTL business with respects to claims initiatives history, data nuances, and industry trends.
- Ability to lead and mentor others through short and long-term projects.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation of advanced topics to a broad audience.
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 35 years relevant experience along with passing grades on a minimum of 7 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required for Sr. Actuarial Analyst grade level.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience along with ACAS or FCAS is required for Actuary grade level.
- Strong data manipulation skills including the ability to query, consolidate, and test for reasonability needed.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to deliver effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, responding to business demands and a changing marketplace.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization desired.
- Strong MS Office Excel required. Coding skills in SAS, SQL, R or other programming language preferred.