Principal Researcher, Customer & Agent Research
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual is transforming the way we do business. We want to provide the best digital quoting experience in the industry and make digital our primary channel for service and claims, delivering innovative experiences that exceed consumer and agent expectations.
We are looking for a data-driven, customer-obsessed Researcher to join our team.
You will be responsible for scoping and executing custom research aimed at informing our digital customer experience strategy, mentoring junior researchers on the team, mining secondary and syndicated data, and synthesizing insights into actionable next steps that can be put to immediate use. You will be a champion for our customers and an expert in the digital experiences that shape their expectations. Your work will inform messaging of existing customer touchpoints, recommendations for improving our experience today, and prioritization of potential new programs.
- Conduct customer digital experience research that informs on strategies to solve complex business problems spanning purchase, service, and claims customer journeys
- Mentor researchers on new methodologies, presentation skills, and complex analysis
- Carefully manage vendors to deliver accurate recruitment and respondent data, implement market research best practices, and produce self-service dashboards.
- Turn questions and assumptions into actionable research initiatives. Select the right research methodology to fit the need and/or suggest novel forms for gathering consumer insight.
- Design and implement surveys for quantitative research, analyze and interpret results utilizing knowledge of statistical concepts and specific business challenges to be addressed.
- Distill insights from a variety of sources (primary research, secondary industry reports, competitive intelligence and operational business measures) to provide clear and actionable recommendations for our business partners.
- Collaborate well with teams of diverse stakeholders, including designers, strategists, product managers, tech partners, and vendors. Be inclusive and actively embrace diversity of perspective.
- Communicate effectively, tailoring the message and context to senior and executive level stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years in market research or customer experience at client, consultancy, vendor, or agency.
- Experience using Qualtrics, SPSS or another statistical program to conduct research programs.
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Experience and/or an interest in developing skills in qualitative research methods, such as focus groups, ethnographies, in-depth interviews.
- Knowledge of primary, secondary, and database analysis research methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Managing vendor budgets and negotiations.
- Prior experience in insurance or financial services a plus