Consultant, Product Analysis
The Product Evaluation team within Product Economics is seeking a Consultant to assist in program evaluations of product launches for Business Lines. This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to work with many types of products across lines of business. Given the expansive nature of these products, this role will present ambiguous challenges that require strong technical and problem-solving skills to find actionable insights. The role will also require the ability to influence stakeholders on how we can make our products best-in-class.
*This is a Grade 15-16 range posting and will be determined by the Hiring Manager
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner with stakeholders to prioritize the evaluation of new product launches and existing product enhancements
- Independently manage or assist analytical evaluations by understanding the scope of new initiatives, identifying KPIs, using advanced analytical techniques to determine post-launch business impacts, and then driving action to address any potential issues or opportunities
- Leverage teams throughout Economics to provide evaluation support with available analytical and modeling toolkits
- Collaborate and build partnerships throughout the respective organization to ensure that evaluation recommendations are appropriate, actionable and attainable
- Help the Product Evaluation team build the science' by introducing new skills, capabilities and technologies Influence stakeholders on how to best use monitoring and evaluations to deliver the best possible business outcomes.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge of insurance concepts, particularly pricing programs, distribution and underwriting preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and comfort working with ambiguous challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and an independent desire to build relationships throughout the Product organization.
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Performs high complex analyses to evaluate business performance and identify trends and issues in assigned states or product line; makes actionable recommendations for improvements.
- Influences the direction of and implements adapted country-wide initiatives and conducts high level analyses to support strategic direction of assigned product line.
- Independently manages projects of low to moderate complexity. Conducts high complexity analysis under minimal direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and answer advanced business questions and builds advanced tools and queries for others to use.
- Leads own work stream on all projects and manages low to moderate complexity projects.
- Provides thoughtful recommendations that influence countrywide decisions and initiatives.
- Through research, identifies and proposes changes to our product offerings.
- Analyzes trends and is responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information management, economics, or other quantitative field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Knowledgeable in data query languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies; may possess data modeling skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of data concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of data architectures, solutions and designs; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.