Senior Market Researcher
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Experience organization is on a mission to create extraordinary digital experiences that position our company to win big with our customers, agents, and prospects. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. We are using insights to help build the most top-of-mind brand and drive leads efficiently. If you're an innovative Researcher who wants to play a pivotal role in helping our brand reach and positively impact people, then join our team and let's build something great together!
About the Role
As part of the Research team, you will be responsible for working with partners in Brand Strategy and Media to use agile research to optimize our brand positioning, brand attributes, and marketing tactics. You will work closely with internal marketing stakeholder teams and our internal and external creative agencies to deliver fast, detailed, quality data and results to provide direction to aid campaign launches and strategy optimizations. You will also help coordinate and develop research databases to include prior research, establish benchmarks and develop dashboards. You will primarily utilize quantitative research methodologies, along with some qualitative to best meet business needs in executing consumer research. You will utilize research platforms and tools to extract and analyze data, interpret results, formulate recommendations and present findings.
This position can be based in Boston, MA or remote.
- Leads development and execution of the Research plan for Brand Strategy and Advertising stakeholders.
- Utilizes various research methodologies to uncover underserved needs directly with internal clients to understand marketing research requirements.
- Designs and implements qualitative research projects including focus groups, ethnographies, in-depth interviews and other forms of customer feedback sources.
- Develops surveys for quantitative research projects; analyzes and interprets results utilizing knowledge of statistical concepts and specific business challenges to be addressed.
- Conducts long term planning and oversees large-scale marketing studies that builds on what we know about our brand, our messaging, and our customers that will determine the future direction of the brand and marketing
- Maintains and improves the ongoing testing process
- Organizes and presents findings regarding consumer research, such as customer preferences, customer feedback, and market penetration and makes actionable recommendations based on research to address issues.
- Maintains a body of intelligence through a variety of methodologies, research, internal and external databases, competitive intelligence and market intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of related experience OR Master's degree and 3 years of related experience OR PhD 0-2 years experience
- Knowledge of insurance a plus.
- Knowledge of primary, secondary, and database analysis research methodologies.
- Knowledge of of several research methods, marketing databases and querying tools, and statistical programs such as SAS, SPSS, R, MarketSight
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving, and project management skills
- Possess a willingness to develop self in both primary and secondary research approaches.
- Strong attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills.