Senior Scrum Master
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Global Retail Market (GRM) US Architecture and Enablement team is looking for Senior Scrum Master. This unique role is responsible for implementing an Agile mindset, operational model, and supporting the 50+ person Architecture Team within GRM US. As Sr. Scrum Master you are responsible for the timely and successful delivery of features/enablers for programmatic business and/or technology objectives that require coordination of multiple market delivery areas and the Architecture Team. Facilitates process and program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk and helps drive program-level continuous improvement. The Senior Scrum Master will be responsible for developing strategies adoption of agile methodologies and ongoing development of agile capabilities within GRM US Architecture. You will also initiate and foster collaborative partnerships required for training and coaching; develop relationships that support organizational agility. The Sr. Scrum Master will assist in the coordination of key meetings and discovery sessions both internal and external to architecture team. Additionally, they are responsible for the identification of efficiencies and optimization of WIP, upcoming work, and escalation of blockers. They will provide a mirror to the Architecture team through the creation of metrics through an aggregated view of organizational metrics from an architecture perspective and operational metrics from inside the team.
About the role:
- Implements consistent process and tools and identify emerging best practices and issues to help continuously advance agile methods and practices.
- Work closely with executives, business unit leaders, product owners, and squads as an expert on agile methods and to educate organizations to use a variety of approaches to deliver customer value in both business and IT teams.
- Ensures successful delivery of large impact and/or cross-functional product initiative by assisting in the identification and solution of organizational impediments which limit team's customer centricity, productivity, and/or quality.
- Provide scaling expertise to align multiple agile teams, collaborate and facilitate quarterly planning with large groups, manage portfolio backlog of epics and features, and facilitate decision making with Product Management, Senior Leaders and Architects.
- Coaches, mentors and provides guidance to Scrum Masters, Technologists, Architects and other members of the squad.
- Provide feedback to management at all levels regarding the progress of agile transformations within their teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline and at least five years of IT and project/program management.
- Requires ability to manage projects from conception to successful implementation.
- Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with three plus years' experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach.
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and consensus building skills.