Principal Analyst, Advanced Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Note: Depending on experience, this position can be hired at various levels.
Advance your Analytics career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
The Operational Analytics department within Global Retail Markets U.S. Insights & Solutions is actively searching for a highly motivated analyst to join the team with a focus on call center analytics. In the near term, this position will provide analytical support for call center sales/operations, digital/online service capabilities, and major Personal Lines and Business Lines initiatives impacting multiple different operations, with the opportunity to gain broader exposure across Global Retail Markets U.S. over time. This person will be required to frame and answer operational and strategic questions from senior management and executive leadership. The ideal candidate possesses advanced analytical abilities and will be able to work collaboratively & independently.
In addition to the responsibilities below, you will:
- Develops analyses and models based on complex data for a particular business unit/function.
- Quantifies the competitive performance of the business, evaluates potential operational changes, and designs new approaches and methodologies to solve business problems or improve analytical efficiency.
- Produces meaningful observations/recommendations through synthesizing data from internal/external sources.
- Leads own work stream and may manage research projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Conducts analytical work which directly impacts profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Presents findings/recommendations and leads discussions with senior leadership (VP/SVP) at the department or functional level.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced analysts
- Conducts high complexity analysis for a particular business unit/function.
- Manages low to moderately complex projects, while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business.
- Utilizes more advanced statistical techniques to solve business problems.
- May regularly utilize, update and adapt predictive modeling tools and/or focus on the application of the tools.
- May develop analytic tools used by others to do their jobs more effectively and guide decision-making.
- Answers complex questions by synthesizing data from diverse sources.
- Manages one or more complex research projects.
- Presents findings / recommendations which impact profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction.
- May lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 5 years, typically 7 or more years, of related experience required; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field are preferred fields of study.
- Master's Degree preferred; advanced education may be substituted for years of experience (Ph.D. with no professional experience).
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools and business drivers. Ability to apply more advanced analytical concepts to improve business outcomes.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (SAS).
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.