Senior Analyst, Product Research, Product Delivery Optimization
Are you ready to advance your career at a Fortune 100 company?
Our Global Retail Markets Product Delivery Optimization team is seeking a Consultant to join us! In this position you will own highly complex, cross-functional projects and drive forward process improvements to improve speed, quality, and flexibility across the Product Delivery value chain for Personal Lines (PL) and Business Lines (BL) markets.
You will be a key player enabling Liberty to achieve our growth aspirations by identifying and project managing highly visible and critically important projects to support new PL and BL product launches. Your work will primarily focus on delivery excellence initiatives, where your efforts will improve both the day-to-day and long-term operations within Product Delivery. You will be primarily aligned to and serve as the SME for one value chain bucket, while partnering closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities, set scope, build alignment, and operationalize solutions. You will act independently, and support less tenured analysts, providing mentorship and guidance. This position has ample opportunity to gain exposure to senior leadership presenting the results of your work and acting as an advisor helping to shape our best-in-class (BIC) Delivery Excellence strategy.
This is a range posting and will be determined by the Hiring Manager based on individual experience level.
In this role, you will:
- Own, advocate for, and drive forward high complexity projects to develop or improve Product Delivery's processes and tools used to launch PL and BL products into market.
- Identify, analyze, and coordinate high visibility improvement initiatives to improve speed-to-market and the accuracy of major product launches.
- Analytically evaluate problems and potential solutions across the value chain, and work with minimal supervision to implement those solutions.
- Influence outcomes to align with our BIC Delivery Excellence strategy with Liberty's growth aspirations.
- Project manage cross functional projects, often ambiguously defined, and advocate for solutions that enhance speed and accuracy.
- Serve as an ambassador of the larger team to ensure that we are working effectively with peers across the organization
- Drive innovative solutions, collaboration, and best practices in the organization.
- Serve as a mentor for less experience analysts.
- Identify industry trends to confirm that the team is aware of BIC processes and technology/vendor solutions.
The ideal person will have:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business, math or statistics, or other quantitative or field; master's degree beneficial.
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more of relevant experience
- Must have good planning, project management, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and storyboarding to build alignment and buy-in.
- Agile and/or Continuous Improvement (Lean Six Sigma) experience beneficial.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction.
- As subject matter expert for assigned states, completes state reviews and similar work for basic states independently and for complex states or countrywide programs under general direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and builds simple tools and queries for others to use.
- Provides recommendations to training and processes to manager.
- Provides complex analysis to help drive and support business decisions.
- Provides thoughtful recommendations to state teams on pricing, strategy, etc.
- Consults on complex business issues and design considerations.
- Educates IT partners on business vision and plan, and both IT and business partners on the impact of changes.
- Serves as point person for moderate to high complexity country wide implementations.
- Leads own work streams on medium to long-term or moderate to high complexity projects. May manage aspects of low to moderate complexity projects.
- Based on strong understanding of how competitor actions impact marketplace, distribution channel and customers, conducts in depth research of competitor filings utilizing various sources. Research may be at the state, competitor or countrywide level.
- Through research, identifies and proposes changes to our product offerings.
- Analyzes trends and is responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations.
- May create and/or be owner of training material content.
- May create formal training sessions and modules.
- Actively shares job knowledge with less experienced analysts.
- Leads job shadow discussions with less experienced analysts.
- Provides technical training and user support to business groups.
- May be assigned to mentor a new hire.
- May supervise interns.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field. Minimum 3 years, typically 4 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.