Property Digital Adjust-Experienced (Brazen Career Fair)
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Note: Currently, most of our employees are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work successfully from home. Following that, you may be asked to come into an office for collaborative activities with your team, as needed.
Location is flexible, but we prefer candidates in and around the following areas: (Indianapolis, IN; Plano, TX; Norfolk, VA; Orlando, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Tucson, AZ; Chandler, AZ; Liberty Lake, WA; Westborough, MA; Albany, NY; Marlton, NJ; Warrenville, IL; Suwanee, GA;) once the offices reopen.
As an Experienced Property Digital Adjuster, will be responsible for investigating and resolving property claims of moderate severity and/or complexity. Responsible for the investigation, analysis, and coverage decisions. Work can be completed by phone, computer, or other virtual tools. May work with vendor partners to resolve channeled property loss claims within assigned authority limits and consistent with policy and legal requirements. Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Investigates and determines appropriate coverage for Property claims through virtual tools, while providing exceptional customer service throughout the life cycle of the claim. May partner with vendors to resolve property claims.
- Determines policy coverage, sets reserves, and determines whether claim will be approved or denied.
- Clearly explains coverage to customer and notifies insured of coverage or any issues.
- Handles most supplements and refers more complex supplements as appropriate.
- Works with and coordinates a number of vendor services, according to the appropriate coverage, such as contractors, experts, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services while ensuring the customer is appropriately communicated to.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the life cycle of claim cases.
- Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits.
- Closes claim files upon completion of final payment.
- Participates or may lead suit committees, roundtables, arbitrations and mediations.
- Acts as a mentor to peers for specific areas of adjusting claims and may provide feedback to temporary adjustors.
- Obtains Area Coaching Expert status and participates in and/or may lead continuous improvement activities and other special projects as assigned
- Successful completion of a formal claims training program and 2-3 years of proficient/directly related experience required.
- Required to be licensed per state regulations.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service. Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant continuing education courses and industry certifications preferred (e.g., AIC, IIA, CPCU).
- Knowledge of claims investigation techniques and legal aspects of claims.