Remote Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
If you're a curious learner who wants to develop customer-centric products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As an experienced Software Engineer, you will be aligned to our Product Forms squad building out our future technology stack while ensuring we increase speed to market and lower cost to drive profitability and growth for Liberty Mutual.
The insurance industry is complex, and we need a passionate, analytical technology professional to help our teams navigate through those complexities. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who thrives within a highly collaborative environment, values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change, as we continue our agile and cloud transformational journey.
The work we do is at the foundation of everything in GRM US. There is an exciting mix of mature systems, cloud-native applications in production and active development, and many areas ripe for creative problem solving.
The Product Forms Platform is part of a large effort across GRM US effort to modernize our technology, including Forms across our lines of business for Liberty Mutual. Shifting us to our Cloud based architecture and driving forward the technology stack of the future.
In this role, you would:
- Support department-wide technical vision dialogs along with peer software engineers, Solutions Engineers and Architects.
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced with these newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Partner with the Product Owner(s) to develop and continually refine a roadmap that drives technology modernization alongside supporting key business priorities.
- Advocate for the adoption of the domain's offerings across the GRM US business and technology communities while frequently gathering customer feedback.
- Assist and guide the development of the system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Propose improvements to increase process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability, and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality.
- Plans and manages execution of architecture migrations.
- Support aligned team(s) with challenging or critical production support work as required.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements.
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Gnerally 3+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, Java, Spring, relational and non-relational databases, and SQL, Event-Driven Architectures, Rules Engines, and Quality Engineering
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Engineers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Familiar IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, including data analysis and familiarity with ACORD-structured data
- Knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to simplify complex processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation, and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.