Principal Network Engineer
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a principal infrastructure engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
- Experienced engineer to create and maintain scalable, effective, defect-free solutions that meets business needs and team standards. Define, implement, and enforce best practices and standards.
- Collaborative partner: Working with Global Digital Services: Customer Experience Technical team, vendors and vendor partners, scrum masters, product owners and fellow engineers, you'll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we create and deliver next-generation products and support our existing product suite.
- Comprehensive problem-solver: Following prioritized requirements, as deliver and support identified products and services, you'll troubleshoot production and data issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- Enterprise level engineering experience with proficiency in: Python, JSON, SQL/MySQL, Linux & Windows OS, AWS, Web UI, VOiP/SIP technologies among others.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL/MySQL and MongoDB
- Contact center technology experience to include: CCaaS (Avaya, Twilio, AWS Connect, Genesys), Avaya, NICE, Cisco among others.
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a nationally distributed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.