Remote Senior Software Engineer
The New Business UW team is focused on contributing to Liberty Mutual's Personal Lines growth and profitability goals, we do high visibility and high impact work with an emphasis on quality and short customer feedback loop. Our work helps the implementation of greater sophistication and efficient execution of core Personal Lines underwriting.
This is a grade range posting for a Software Engineer (14) or Senior Software Engineer (16).
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, you'll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients' needs first, you'll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Quick Learner: Ability to learn and adapt combined with growth mindset is crucial for success on our team
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional tech experience
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building capabilities
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Knowledge of and ability to personally demonstrate and utilize many of the techniques, processes and tools that drive inclusion and engagement of all employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with CI/CD practices & Dev Ops Principles
- Experience with modern Full-Stack Engineering
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Familiarity of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts and principles
- Awareness of policies regarding security and privacy
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics and incremental delivery
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.