Solaria Labs Data Science Co-op (Jan - Jun 2022)
Who we are:
The economy is transforming, and to adapt, Liberty Mutual has established Solaria Labs (https://www.solarialabs.com): a global team that builds disruptive new products around emerging consumer trends like micro-mobility and the sharing economy. We have already launched a few products and one company since we started for examples, see https://www.getcertainly.com, https://www.trydwellbeing.com/, and https://www.totalhomescore.com.Why you may enjoy working at Solaria Labs:
The Data Science co-op will support data science efforts in Solaria Labs in a diverse set of challenges broadly related to public health, safety, and trust. Many of the concepts we develop require novel use of Liberty Mutual and partner data, and the application of current and emerging machine learning techniques to build previously inconceivable product offerings. You will interact with other data scientists and engineering teams to implement your solutions within internal and customer facing software products.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in ideation and product design.
- You like exploring emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding and computer vision, and emerging trends like insuretech/fintech and the sharing economy.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in an R&D environment, and have a start-up mentality.
- You enjoy building custom algorithms, digging into data for insights, building engaging interfaces and always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups.
- Working knowledge of data science and machine learning technologies
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Fluency in Python
Solaria Labs, Boston, MA
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other technical field
- Strong technical, analytical, communication and organizational skills
- You have a proven track record of academic success
- You are fully authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.