2022 TechStart Full-Time Program
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2021 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
TechStart Entry Level Program 2022
At Liberty Mutual, named to IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2021 list of 100 Best Places to Work in IT, we're on a mission to change the way people experience insurance in the digital age. From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As an entry-level technology employee, you'll participate in our twelve-month TechStart Program, an immersive and collaborative program where you'll gain strong technical training that is catered to your desired career path and skillset you'll need to succeed. As part of our collaborative and diverse team, you'll work in an agile environment that has the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Ready to join us?
Throughout the TechStart Program, you'll participate in three assignments where you'll have opportunities to build your skills and learn a variety of new technologies. You'll also have the opportunity to network with like-minded peers and form relationships that will span your career.
- Foundational Assignment Two days of orientation followed by four weeks of technical training
- Team Assignment A six-month team project undertaken with your peers
- Individual Assignment A five-month assignment immersed within a technology team setting
During these assignments, you'll be a valued member of a team that develops, tests, and maintains digital products at all stages of the development lifecycle. You'll also have opportunities to gain exposure to emerging technologies.
What you've got
- You have up to 2 years of technical experience or have the equivalent training and certifications as typically acquired through an internship program, certificate course work, or a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- You're fluent with at least one or more software development languages, preferably Java
- You have a general knowledge of design and development tools
- You have a focus on continuous learning and a growth mindset
- You have a proven track record of success
- You are familiar with various IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- You are fully authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions