Actuary/Sr. ERM Consultant
This role can be remote from any US location
The Global Capital, Risk, & Reinsurance team within GRM Actuarial Modeling & Non-Pricing Analytics is seeking an Assistant Actuary or Senior ERM Consultant for the role of technical expert in risk assessment and capital modeling. In this role, you will collaborate with others across functions (Product, Finance, and Actuarial) across the globe.
To be successful in the role, you will need to utilize strategic thinking and a broad knowledge base to leverage limited data in assessing the implications of risk from multiple perspectives. Successful delivery of results will require advanced project management skills for coordinating across capital and business teams. In addition, you will be expected to acquire deep technical expertise in automated data processing techniques and the stochastic modeling tools employed by the team.
Excellent collaboration and communication skills are essential, as a critical component of the job is providing excellent customer service and aligning data processes across functional areas (e.g. Corporate, Finance, Reinsurance, Product Management) and geographies. The best candidates will be curious, intellectually flexible and able to find ways of communicating complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Develop, scale, and maintain processes underlying GRM's Economic and Rating Agency Capital Models (ECM and S&P, respectively) and core capital-related deliverables to various stakeholders across functions and geographies
- Collaborate with Product, Reinsurance, Actuarial teams to parametrize the Economic Capital Model
- Collaborate with key stakeholders towards the development and scaling of reporting capabilities in support of risk & return decision-making and gaining more insight into drivers of regulatory, rating agency, and economic capital
- Assist Finance and Product with special projects related to capital modeling, evaluating local capital requirements, and risk & return decision-making
- Participate in cross-SBU efforts on risk modeling.
The compensation for this role is dependent on geographic location of candidate.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS, FCAS).
- Risk management credential or relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 5-7 years Actuarial, Risk Management or relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, such as stochastic reserving, loss distribution parameterizations, catastrophe loss modeling, or financial cash flow modeling
- Ability to manage complex software or model development projects.
- Demonstrated programming skills (such as SAS, VBA, R, or Python) preferred.
- Experience with Monte Carlo simulation and/or cat modeling software preferred (e.g. Igloo, MetaRisk, ReMetrica, @Risk, AIR Touchstone).
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively express technical actuarial and statistical concepts to non-technical individuals internal and external to the organization.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.