Personal Property Claims Specialist - Large Loss Property Claims
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Are you looking for a position that allows you to do meaningful and innovative work in a culture of continuous improvement? If so, this opportunity could be for you!
Liberty Mutual's Large Loss Claims Property team has an immediate opening for a Personal Insurance Claims Specialist. As a Claims Specialist, you will manage, investigate and resolve assigned Property Contents claims under general supervision. In this role you will be responsible for capturing inventory of damaged/lost contents associated with property claims. You will provide policyholders with quality customer service. In addition, you will assist Claims Representatives with in-person inspection/policyholder contact where necessary.
Offering a hiring incentive of $5K+ depending on experience
Relocation assistance available
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for claims handling personal property losses to include large loss.
- Works in concert with large loss adjuster for scheduling, inventorying, adjustment and relocation assistance.
- Performs on-site inventory inspection and specific detail capture (50% minimum on-site) to provide to policyholder for pricing.
- Develops expert list/websites for various product categories. Utilizes internet VIA/Insurer's World/vendors for pricing and/or validation. Documents the file accordingly.
- Provides quality customer service. Provides insured with policy information to include coverage, limitations, replacement or ACV options.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 75% of the time (limited weekends required)
- May assist on files handled by Claims Reps with in-person inspection/policyholder contact when needed.
- Attends product seminars/shows to build personal property expertise.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty
This role might be for you if you have:
- Strong written and oral communications skills required.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of coverage types provided within various homeowner policies.
- Experience in interior design, electronics, appliances, antique-collectibles, clothing and furniture retail preferred.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 6-12 months of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.