Senior Infrastructure Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As a senior infrastructure engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company. The Global Digital Services group is looking for up to a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the Mainframe Operations group.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 16, Senior Infrastructure Engineer. However, candidates will be considered for Grade 16 and Grade 17 roles in the Infrastructure job family. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Collaborative partner: Working side-by-side with business colleagues and interacting with customers, you'll address their technical challenges and ensure quality through collaborative design and development.
- Problem solver: Complex problems often require innovative, creative approachesand you'll work to come up with outside-the-box solutions to solve them.
- Customer-centric engineer: You understand who we're here to serve and the products you engineer will keep the end-user front and center.
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency.
- Provides Infrastructure solutions, guidance to operational support staff and problem resolution for Mainframe systems.
- Mentor new developers and junior developers.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5+ years of infrastructure Mainframe Systems Administration / engineering experience.
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing Scrum, Kanban.
- Demonstrated success in supporting z/OS platform configurations - including Performance Tuning, Automation, z-series configurations, and familiar with operation of DB2, IMS, CICS, MQ subsystems, and Batch processing.
- Strong oral and written communication skillsand a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers.
- A collaborative, adaptable working style, demonstrated initiative and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts.
- A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards.
- An ability to code in modern scripting languages is a plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools is a plus.
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.