Senior Analyst, Rating Tools, Global Retail Markets Product Team
Are you ready to advance your career at a Fortune 100 company?
Our Personal Lines Rating Tools team is seeking an analytics technology expert to join the team. Our team is at the exciting intersection of software engineering and product management, and is instrumental in launching new insurance products.
In this position, you will design and develop pricing tools and software, which enable us to launch new products and modify pricing for in-market products. Additionally, with support from more experienced product analysts and software engineers, you will identify and lead key process improvement initiatives to improve our time to market. You will work cross functionally and present proposed, in-progress, and completed technology solutions to senior leaders in the organization.
- Design, develop, and/or configure pricing software and tools
- Develop ETL processes, and implement data standardization and quality solutions
- Author SAS, VBA and/or Python code which enables us to price our complex suite of products
- Identify, analyze, and coordinate high visibility process engineering initiatives to improve speed-to-market of major product launches
- Analytically evaluate problems and potential solutions, often involving coding changes, and work with minimal supervision to implement those solutions
- Drive forward cross functional projects, often ambiguously defined, and advocate for solutions that improve the speed and accuracy of new product launches
- Identify industry trends to ensure our software solutions are best-in-class
- May be assigned to mentor junior team members and/or manage vendors
Note: This is a range posting. The grade will be determined based on experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, quantitative or technical degrees preferred
- Minimum 2 years, typically 3 years or more of relevant experience
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Proficient in Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, SQL, and data analysis software (e.g., Power BI, SAS).
- Preferred: experience with Python, AWS, Radar, Emblem or other insurance pricing software
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.