Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We are looking for a Senior & Principal Software Engineer with modern full stack experience to join our Digital organization. As part of our team, you'll be working at a Fortune 100 company that's one of the fastest growing in the insurance industry. Our group strives to build engaging digital services and capabilities for our U.S. customers.
Join our engineering team and you'll get opportunities to work on complex problems using emerging technologies at an enterprise scale. We are building a tech culture focused on innovation and a well architected framework: Cost Optimization, Operational Excellence, Performance Efficiency, Reliability, and Security. You will work directly with Product Owners, UX designers, Architects and a highly talented, and motivated engineering squad to deliver best in class web applications. This work will involve the modernization of systems and movement to cloud technologies with a focus on engineering excellence and a solid foundation for future enhancements and iterations.
As a Senior/Principal Software Engineer, you will provide technical leadership on an agile squad in the development of applications for our Direct Service & Claims portfolio in our Digital organization. You will be responsible for work in all stages of the development lifecycle: from translating business requirements to technical design, to implementing testing frameworks and observability, to construction and deployment. You will have the opportunity to mentor junior developers, POC new capabilities and engage in portfolio level improvements to our overall architecture and processes.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) & architecture patterns (serverless, microservice, event-driven)
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques, Containerization (ECS, Docker) & Dev Ops practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and technical standards, security and privacy policies
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Strong collaboration, team first mentality, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
Highly competitive applicants will have
- Cloud focused mentality
- Growth mindset
- Java, Bootstrap, Node, Postgres, MySql, DynamoDB
- PCF, AWS, Bamboo, Jira, Git
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban), paired programming, TDD
- Experience in CI/CD tools and techniques
- Strong focus on team first mentality and core agile principles