Senior Actuarial Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We are seeking an innovative Senior Actuarial Analyst to join GRM Actuarial U.S. Planning. Our team's vision is to produce a holistic planning and forecasting experience integrated with risk-reward analytics for Personal Insurance and Business Lines products. We serve as the most trusted partners and actuarial experts connecting all decision makers to the future of the business. You will develop and drive forward strong relationships with our wide operational network of internal customers, such as Reserving, Product Management, Trend Analytics, Finance and Claims. You will leverage our centralized position and business knowledge to synthesize and challenge actuarial projections, balancing depth with breadth of understanding. The ideal candidate will have strong business judgment, thrive in a highly visible and interactive role, and have the passion to drive continuous improvement to delight customers with evolving business needs.
- Collaborate across functional areas to analyze loss and ALAE drivers such as pure premiums, loss ratios, loss trends, & Product and Claims initiatives
- Integrate the results of loss and business analysis, synthesizing them into a coherent story and communicating results to internal customers
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and aid in understanding about the risks and opportunities around the plan and underlying assumptions to enable informed risk/reward decisions and implied caution/aggression in strategy
- Lead relationships with various cross-functional customers by facilitating communications, coordinating deliverables, proactively anticipating customer needs, and driving the partnerships forward through dedicated customer service
- Analyze data and build models, reports, and documentation using tools such as Excel, R, TM1, SAS, and Anaplan
- Minimum 35 years relevant actuarial experience required
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Society exams is required; ACAS preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers
- Demonstrated commitment to Liberty's Values, including a focus on continuous improvement and supporting/cultivating a workplace where diversity, equity, and inclusion are embraced