Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Our Cybersecurity Engineers form a diverse team of hands-on technical security professionals who are collectively responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization. They partner with teams across the company to continually optimize our security posture while maintaining a hyper-focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
We're currently hiring intermediate to advanced Engineers across our global cybersecurity organization.
- Support security application development initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration.
- This customer focused role supports security incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
- Be a member of an agile team focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
- Serve as a leading team member supporting security projects or sub-projects of advanced complexity.
- Use decision making behaviors that require analytical, interpretative and creative thinking that may not conform to established patterns in order to solve security problems.
- 3 to 8+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Security+ or comparable certification/experience is required (must obtain within 6 months if not possessed)
- Preferred Certifications: GCIH, GCFE, CASS, GWEB, GREM,GCFA, CASE Java / .NET, SANS
- Proficient in many and expert in some cybersecurity technologies, IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols.
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Proficiency across architectural analysis, business analysis and financial disciplines, security and compliance, data integration and analytics, social networking, computational thinking, and mobile competency.
- Proficiency in dimensional and lateral thinking, application delivery, system and technology integration, system software infrastructure, and workplace adaptability.
- Programming and scripting skills would ideally include one or more of the following: JAVA, .NET, C#, Python