The Capital, Risk, & Reinsurance team within Global Retail Markets (GRM) Actuarial Modeling & Analytics is seeking a Manager & Actuary to lead GRM's Capital Modeling, Process, and Parameters team. The team supports about $30bn in premium, spanning various International insurance products and Personal & Small Commercial Lines in the US. In this role, you will lead a team of 3 to 4 analysts and collaborate with others across functions (Product, Finance, Actuarial).
Successful delivery of results will require strong relationships, strategic thinking, a broad knowledgebase, and advanced project management skills to coordinate efforts across capital and business teams. In addition, you will be expected to coach analysts to develop the skills necessary to execute on more automated data processing and stochastic modeling to enable deeper analyses.
Excellent collaboration and communication skills are essential, as a critical component of the job is providing excellent customer service and gaining alignment across functional areas (e.g. Corporate, Finance, Reinsurance, Product Management) and geographies. The best candidates will be curious, intellectually flexible, and efficient in navigating a matrixed environment.
- Lead the development and scaling of data and parameterization processes underlying GRM's Economic and Rating Agency Capital Models (ECM and S&P, respectively) and core capital-related deliverables to various stakeholders across functions and geographies
- Ensure strong collaboration with Product, Reinsurance, Actuarial teams to parametrize the Economic Capital Model
- Influence and drive reporting capabilities in support of risk & return decision-making to help the organization gain more insight into drivers of regulatory, rating agency, and economic capital
- Leverage partnerships with Finance and Product to execute on special projects related to capital modeling, evaluating local capital requirements, and risk & return decision-making
- Be a strong voice in encouraging staff to engage in challenging development opportunities
- Be active in cross-SBU efforts on risk modeling
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), Society of Actuaries (FSA), or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience
- 7 or more years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated programming skills (such as R or Python) preferred
- Knowledge / experience with Monte Carlo simulation and/or cat modeling software preferred (e.g. Igloo, MetaRisk, ReMetrica, @Risk, AIR Touchstone)
- Knowledge of a wide range of actuarial techniques and standards, such as Pricing, Reserving, loss distribution parameterization, cat modeling; investments experience is a plus
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to be flexible in how capital modeling concepts are communicated to reach different groups within the organization and, in some cases, externally
- Prior managing experience is preferred but not required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.