Senior Technical Claims Specialist II- Energy
Advance your claims career with Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Claims Specialist as part of our GRS Specialized Energy Team. The Senior Technical Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of complex Commercial Casualty Claims, determines liability, sets and adjusts reserves, evaluates the claim, negotiate settlement, and authorizes and resolves the claim. You will demonstrate a high level of expertise and sound judgment in complex matters, and may act as a subject matter expert. The complex claims are primarily significant to catastrophic Bodily Injury claims with some third party Property Damage. The role interacts with claimants, policyholders, appraisers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claim's management process.
- As the claims owner, determines coverage, investigates the claims, determines liability, sets and adjusts reserves, evaluates the claim, negotiates a settlement, authorizes and pays the claim; may deny claims.
- Reviews lawsuit documentation and supporting documents, claims file, investigation, etc. Establish actions to be taken to resolve law suit. Includes determining loss coverage, amounts owed, discovery plans, setting reserves and negotiations.
- Establishes appropriate working team (Home Office Legal, Defense Counsel and Home Office Claims) based on allegations established in suit.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities of outside counsel. Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Trains and mentors staff as appropriate; manages relationships and acts as liaison with various business partners (e.g., Underwriting, Reinsurance, Etc.).
- Keeps abreast of existing and proposed legislation, court decisions and trends and experience pertaining to specialty coverage issues. May analyze the impact upon claims policies and procedures and advises Claims Management so appropriate action can be taken where required.
- Participates in special projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years claims adjusting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial casualty claims investigation, coverage evaluation, reserving & expense management, resolution strategy, negotiation, litigation management, claims evaluation as well as the insurance legal and regulatory environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level of skill in the area of customer focus, problem solving, communications, gaining support, team work, and adaptability and demonstrated ability to work independently, achieve results and execute thoroughly
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.