Senior Actuarial Analyst
Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets Actuarial is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst for the Loss Trend Analytics team. This individual will be responsible for performing deep dives into emerging loss trend risks across a variety of lines of business and the work will be used to influence decisions of senior management and a broad group of stakeholders. This individual will also be responsible for aggregating industry and competitor loss trends commentary and producing recurring economic and loss trends reporting.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, good business judgment, enjoy identifying and solving complex analytical problems, be comfortable owning and independently driving analyses, and possess the ability to explain such work in non-technical (business) contexts. Good communication and collaboration skills are essential as there will be a significant level of interaction with other functional areas (e.g., Product, Claims, and Reserving).
- Stay current on competitor and industry loss trends commentary, summarizing findings for leadership on a quarterly basis
- Own and enhance quarterly Pure Premium Relativity reporting and communicate results to a broad audience of stakeholders (Claims, Reserving, Product, Executive Leadership)
- Assist in Quarterly Economic Reporting by aggregating and summarizing macroeconomic data
- Perform in-depth analytical analyses, using univariate and multivariate approaches, to explain historical frequency and severity and forecast future loss trends for Business and Personal Lines
- Build and enhance working relationships with cross-functional areas such as Product, Reserving, and Claims to share best practices and provide a consistent loss trend narrative
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences, cross-functionally, and to GRMA Modeling & Analytics leadership
- Maintain clear and concise project documentation explaining analysis process, techniques, and assumptions
- Interact with and provide technical assistance and information to peers, senior managers, and others within and outside of the organization
- Mentor, motivate, and train less experienced staff and peers
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, economics, or another quantitative field.
- Minimum 2 years, typically 4 years or more of relevant work experience
- Commitment to achieving Associateship or Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS).
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including finance, product management, and claims.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact effectively with others within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects from inception to completion.
- Strong MS Office Excel and SAS skills preferred; Ability to build complex models.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.