Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
As IT Project Manager III, you will have the opportunity to manage multiple project teams or a single large team to successfully deliver business results and ensure project success. The position exists to properly manage all facets of a project: risks, issues, communications, budget, scope, schedule, quality, etc. as well as serve as the key point of contact for stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Manages multiple project teams or a single large team on projects of greater complexity and risk.
- Manages the team's execution of project tasks in an outcome focused mindset demonstrating a high degree of integrity.
- Manages the team's approach to addressing change or stressful situations.
- Enabled an environment where collaboration is effective and focused on delivering impactful business results.
- Seeks opportunities to improve the team's value by providing constructive suggestions.
- Leverages data when making decisions, gathers new information and insights to work through complex issues.
- Communicates progress and escalations effectively.
- Leads internal status meetings and effectively captures, stores and distributes meeting notes.
- Works closely with technical teams to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
Leverages and recommends project management principles and best practices to ensure the success of projects.
- Guides other team members on project management best practices and continues to expand mastery of his/her own.
- Coordinates project activities, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet continuously changing needs and requirements.
- Provides regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with business and project team to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Understands, tracks and communicates issues, risks and action items in a timely manner.
- Monitors the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures.
- Assists with vendor management efforts and ensures agreements are met.
Serves as partner and key point of contact for stakeholders to ensure success.
- Acts as point of escalation internally for all issues.
- Coordinates activities and promotes project vision and objectives with project team.
- Maintains and cultivates working relationships with team members and other involved departments.
- Provides insight to key stakeholders and project sponsors by developing project goals, setting the prioritization of deliverables, discussing involvement of business processes.
- Facilitates decisions necessary for project delivery by communicating tough issues and keeping an independent opinion.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university required with a major or emphasis in Information Technology, Engineering or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant technology experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager required.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
- Insurance certification in one or more domain-specific areas (AINS, AIC, ARM, etc.) required within 1 year of hire.
- Project Management Professional (PMP),
- IT Service Management (ITIL)
- Process Optimization (BPM, Six Sigma, Lean) certifications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of insurance is preferred but not required. Must have a strategic orientation and be results driven. Ability to lead cross-functional teams; be self-organizing and coach others on the same; understand both technical and business complexity. Ability to understand technical specifications depicted in user stories, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc; understand technical industry-related journals and DOI filings; understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards. Proven outcome focused mindset and resiliency to change. Proven ability to question status quo; troubleshoot and partner with others to identify course of resolutions. Positive attitude and temperament to work with others in a team environment. Strong presentation and communication skills. Effective decision making skills. Strong user skills in MS Office applications, including MS Project and Visio. Demonstrated competency in Project Management processes, tools and techniques. Demonstrated competency in both waterfall and agile (SCRUM) SDLC's. Knowledge of database concepts. Familiar with a variety of IT concepts, practices, tools, and procedures.