Policy Service Specialist
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Purpose of Job
American National is seeking a Policy Service Specialist for our Galveston, TX location to handle a variety of administrative and policy tasks based on customer needs.Essential Functions
- Process insured policy changes such as address changes, insured terminations, internal replacements, rate changes, and coverage changes.
- Calculate and process insured refunds.
- Create internal and external correspondence.
- Create journal entries associated with policy refunds.
- Validate accuracy and appropriateness of auto-generated system letters.
- Assist in tasks upon request to support success of Health Policy Change Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service and math skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Organized and strong task tracking stills
- Prior office experience preferred
- General computer knowledge and ability to learn new software
- Ability to navigate within MS Excel, to include creating, editing and working with formulas.
- Ability to complete project based tasks, manage multi-step processes and independently work through issues.
Recruiter: Ashley Villarreal
Hiring Manager: Kimberly Rhoads
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.