At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Reinsurance Operations Team provides accurate and insightful financial, analytical and claims information. We support the internal and external core reinsurance programs by providing a foundation to establish and enhance strategic product offerings through traditional and alternative reinsurance solutions for our global customers. Additionally, the Reinsurance Team safeguards company assets through proactive identification and management of reinsurance recoverables, the second largest Liberty Mutual asset.
As a Lead Accountant, you are responsible for the thorough execution of bookclose and financial reporting processes in a deadline focused environment. This position will use business acumen and strong analytical expertise to perform complex ad hoc analysis as well as communicate financial results, accounting issues, trends, and business implications to management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail. You will also work to continuously improve processes and innovate to ensure work is performed in the fastest, most efficient means possible.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual book close cycles through effective planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare complex financial reports utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting policies and procedures. Review other team members` reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the new reinsurance system initiative.
- Assess the business value and efficiency of the work performed, identify, and implement improvements. Initiate and/or lead increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team`s responsibilities.
- Research complex accounting treatment and policies by utilizing available technology and other resources.
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent.
- Establish and document internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Provide customer service to internal and external groups.
- Train others on financial systems and manages key interfaces and interdependencies. Make recommendations for enhancements to financial systems and associated processes and participate in or lead their implementation.
- Mentor and work with junior staff, including efficient onboarding, training, reviewing work and providing constructive criticism and guidance.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to create alignment and ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Possesses a solid understanding of accounting principles.