We are hiring a Loss Control Specialist to work within an assigned territory in and around Portland, Oregon. You will work from either your home office or out of our Boise, Idaho, office, depending on your location.
If you have a passion for loss control and safety and are looking for a stable career that offers professional growth, this position may be a good fit for you.
Ideal candidates will have professional experience in risk management, safety, or transportation and will view loss control as more than just compliance. In this position, you will work alongside the underwriting team to acquire and retain profitable accounts by evaluating risk and exposures. Additionally, you will partner with our current and potential insureds to develop strategies to mitigate risk. Our Loss Control Specialists have the autonomy to schedule customer visits within their assigned region.
This is a career you should consider if you:
- Have a background in insurance, safety, commercial auto risk management, or loss prevention
- Are adept in networking, building relationships, negotiating, and problem-solving.
- Enjoy coaching, educating, giving public presentations, and approaching work with a consultative approach
- Possess a strong customer service orientation and excellent public speaking skills
- Are a self-starter, organized, analytical, professional, and committed to excellence.
Who we are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A company car.
- Comprehensive training program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support for healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. Must be able to pass a drug screen. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company