Account Service Representative
IAT has an immediate opening for an Account Service Representative in our Kansas City and Pasadena, CA locations. This role is part of a department that is responsible for the identification, pursuit, and collection of company-wide receivables involving $531 Million annually.
Account Service Representatives leverages their knowledge of cash management, billing, collections, reconciliation, commissions, and account payables functions while they interact daily with agents, brokers, vendors, law firms, internal departments, and outside banking personnel.
The ideal candidate will have at least three or more years of experience in the functions noted above and for delivering customer service over the phone and through scheduled follow-up conversations.
- Maintains accounts and records for all billing and maintains files for same.
- Monitors all customer and agency inquiries, resolving all problems efficiently and within the timeframe.
- Performs account reconciliation.
- Responsible for handling initial letters and calls.
- Responsible to identify, research and resolve outstanding individual direct bills, agency account balances, and account discrepancies with insured's, agents, outside collection agencies, and law firms.
- Verifies daily lockbox payment applications and works with outside banking contacts to make corrections as necessary.
- Processes non-sufficient funds and stop payments for returned checks. Notifies agents, the insured, and underwriters of returned checks.
- Prepares daily general ledger entries and non-cash code sheets to reverse payments from insured policies.
- Performs other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with three more years of financial or accounts receivable experience, including experience in the insurance, or banking, or related industries.
- Prefer Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- Must understand or have experience with Customer Service, Account Receivable, Account Payable, Billing & Invoicing.
- Must be able to work and feel comfortable on the phone, including outbound calls.
- Accounting experience in the insurance industry is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with change
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook is preferred.
To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships, and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom-free before entering IAT offices.
Steve Morley | Senior Recruiter