Customer Service Representative
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Customer Service Representative
American National supports talented and resourceful minds that have a passion for creating a customer focused environment. We believe in a solid work/life balance and are committed to providing our team members with a flexible and supportive work environment. Our Claims Customer Service Division offers the ability to work autonomously while encouraging collaboration amongst fellow team members and leadership. As a customer service representative, you'll be responsible for accepting new claims, providing service referrals and serving as the first contact for our customers.
• Handles incoming calls from multiple 1-800 numbers regarding 10 or more lines of business.
• Retrieves information from callers to assist the callers to articulate their specific need or purpose of the call.
• Provides information to the correct department or organization based on their evaluation of the information obtained.
• Sets up claims and verifies coverages to provide initial services to assist with mitigation and the customers' immediate needs.
• Instructs the caller about mitigation damages, proceeding to a repair facility, or escalating the call in appropriate circumstances.
• Makes a basic assessment of fault to qualify a claim for referral to a car care repair shop or applicability of rental coverage.
• Assists the client in taking appropriate steps to get their vehicle moved to a safe location for inspection of damages.
• Assists with various other duties that can be performed at their desk, such as indexing documents, preparing files, coding documents, and scanning and imaging.
• Monitors various systems for incoming claim reports and messages, and handles incoming switchboard calls and directs the callers to the appropriate areas throughout the organization.
- High School Diploma (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bilingual skills helpful)
- Prior customer service and/or call center experience (strongly preferred)
- Strong technical aptitude; training and experience with Microsoft Office products (preferred)
- Ability to work the following hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm, 11:00am - 7:00pm, 1:00pm - 9:00pm
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.