Entry Level Programmer
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is currently seeking a Duck Creek Developer to join our team! This position is responsible for the writing and testing of software code related to our Personal Lines policy administration system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to create innovative solutions to existing problems
- Translate user requests into logical computer instructions
- Debug program code
- Represent IT during business meetings
- Support the development of an object-oriented policy administration system using a proprietary toolset
- Degree in an IT related field, or Business degree with software programming courses completed.
- 2 years or more of development experience
- Willingness to participate in additional insurance and IT training/testing as required
- Knowledge of SQL and/or XML a plus
- Experience with Duck Creek Author toolset a plus
- Energetic and engaging self-starters possessing strong analytical, communication, organizational and technology skills.
Another level may be substituted based on experience, skill and education.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.