Lead Web Developer
Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We've spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we're not just selling insurance, we're providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we're successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees' lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we've compiled a generous benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We've also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Lead Web Developer
American National is seeking a lead Web Developer for the Application Development and Support team.
- Build new business process applications and extend functionality for existing applications on the IBM Business Process Manager platform
- Design, develop, test and deploy process applications using IBM Process Designer and IBM Integration Designer IDEs
- Design, develop, test and deploy Java web services and applications running on IBM WebSphere Application Server
- IT related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in web-based software development environments
- 2 + years of experience developing single-page applications with Angular
- Experience with J2EE development preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service and analytical skills are necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change in a more than satisfactory manner
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work occasional night and weekend hours when required. On call rotation is required.
- Experience with IBM Business Process Manager (IBM BPM)
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.