Legal Counsel - Estate Planning and Tax
Federated is seeking an attorney to provide legal advice to the Life Company regarding advanced life insurance sales, provide training and case support in basic needs and estate planning/business succession planning, and oversee the development of research, sales tools, and marketing materials for the Life Company. This position requires an individual with strong communication and relationship building skills in a fast paced, customer-focused environment.
Responsibilities also include:
- Provide direction to Life Staff and supervise special projects.
- Advise and assist management, sales representatives and staff on estate and business planning issues.
- Train sales representatives on advanced life and retirement issues to improve life and disability sales.
- Oversee the investigation and resolution of complaints.
- Monitor Company procedural and compliance issues pertaining to life, disability income and retirement products.
- Juris Doctorate and current license to practice law in Minnesota.
- Prefer designations including CLU or ChFC, and/or LLM degree in estate planning or taxation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' work experience in general business environment demonstrating estate planning, taxation or advanced underwriting knowledge.