Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryBusiness Insurance Actuarial and Analytics (BIAA) has an open Data Scientist position on the BI Analytics & Research Product team. This position includes hands on modeling and analytics work and has two key responsibilities. One is partnering with Risk Control to identify and execute on new analytic solutions that enhance Risk Control processes. The second is maintaining our GL Benchmark models with model refreshes as well as exploring enhancements through new variables or new techniques. The position works closely with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial Product, BCO, and business unit actuarial teams.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in design and development of analytical solutions.
- Share knowledge with the community through discussions, presentations, or peer reviews.
- Begin to set and manage expectations with business partners for small projects, and with guidance, identify potential conflicts and build consensus.
- Communicate analysis, insights, and results to manager, peers and business partners and with guidance, tailor communication to the audience.
- Become a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent, onboard new employees and interns, and provide support for intern recruiting and talent assessment efforts.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus two years of experience or any suitable and equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Heavy concentration in mathematics, including statistics and programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data science tools and research using large data sets. Additional verification of specific coursework will be required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Masters in STEM related field or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of modeling/ research/analytics or actuarial required
- Relevant statistical analysis work experience required
- Strong Knowledge of statistical techniques with the ability to read/revise/ review statistical software programs
- Ability to develop models and interpret model results
- Understanding of advanced statistics underlying data models
- Ability to apply emerging statistical procedures to work
- Strong knowledge in: Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Statistical modeling.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.