Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryOur Business Intelligence team enable us to use data to deliver a competitive advantage and drive business insights. We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team based in London on a permanent basis.
Ideally with some prior insurance experience in a similar role, this is an exciting opportunity that will give you interaction with key business stakeholders to understand strategies and will involve you identifying and recommending solutions that use our data to help drive those strategies.
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, you will be part of a successful team of 12 and work closely with our IT & Service Delivery teams, end users and Senior Business Stakeholders. You will provide creative solutions to a wide range of requirements and work on multiple projects at one time.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Defines the business intelligence capabilities that satisfy the broader business objectives and value proposition.
- Ensures that the business capability requirements align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmaps.
- Point of contact for business for all business intelligence and analytics work relating to their area including activities that they might not be directly accountable for.
- Manages a portfolio of work.
- Leads the ongoing rationalisation of business intelligence assets in their area to ensure they are providing utmost value for business outcomes.
- Manipulates raw data and understand the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Facilitates cross functional requirement sessions about complex information needs and documents requirements; includes working with stakeholders to prioritise requirements based on Business Intelligence capabilities and business needs.
- Define, plan and execute tests to ensure quality of results.
- Proactively stays abreast of data sources, identify best internal and external data sources in response to business requests.
- Coaches, mentors and develops team members.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Thorough knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data elements to each other.
- Working knowledge of Descriptive Analytic practices and processes.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of business analysis techniques.
- General knowledge of project management techniques.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies.
- General knowledge of Insurance products/concepts.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Expert with Microsoft office products.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, across multiple functions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, build and maintain credibility with others.
- Intermediate project management skills and ability to see results to completion.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Intermediate programming skills in any high level language (e.g. of the following; Python, R, SAS) preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions and levels within organisation.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- Builds and maintains credibility with others.
- Seeks opportunities to learn
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.