Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnderwrite Select new business risks that cannot be automatically issued via automated pricing tools. New business risks are high in volume, varied in nature, can arise from across the country, and require a quick turnaround. This is a transactional selling role with heavy agent interaction. Candidates well suited to this role will enjoy learning about a wide variety of small businesses, research, analysis and decision making required to meet Travelers and customer expectations. Such individuals will also appreciate team collaboration and frequent communication with agents to achieve desired results.
The salary range in Colorado for this position is $50,700 to $76,000.
All employees are eligible for performance-based cash awards, either through Travelers annual bonus program or through the Reward and Recognition (R&R) program.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate a variety of risks with emphasis on risk acceptance, terms and conditions, and documentation of underwriting decision rationale.
- Use independent judgment to appropriately price accounts, referring to defined best practices, as needed.
- Comply with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Regularly engage with agents to quickly close individual transactions.
- Provide excellent customer service to agents and internal business partners.
- Follow best practices, workflows, and agreed upon SLAs.
- Ensure underwriting quality through appropriate application of underwriting analysis based on risk complexity.
- Solicit additional lines of coverage when practical and within company appetite.
- One year of property and casualty insurance experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Associate's or bachelor's degree.
- Two or more years of property and casualty insurance experience.
Licensing or Certificates
- Insurance designation (CPCU, INS) or licensing.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance products and marketplace.
- Strong technical multi-line underwriting skills.
- Quantitative reasoning, critical thinking skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to establish productive networks inside and outside of Travelers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.