Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis position is the primary point of accountability to Business partners and other parties for the management and implementation of small to medium sized Projects and/or small Programs that support achievement of simple to moderately complex unit or corporate goals.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Project Manager controls planning and execution of the Projects activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met.
- The Project Manager works with moderate supervision and is responsible for applying Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- The Project Manager operates within defined parameters using a proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals.
- Manages team development, actively mentors members of the PM community.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of project management experience preferred.
- Experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.