Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are currently recruiting for a Senior Claim Professional to join our team on a perm basis. This role can be based in our Redhill or Manchester office and flexible working will be considered.
This role would be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to progress or continue their career in a more senior role where knowledge and experience of handling casualty, motor and liability claims is preferred.
On a day to day basis you will be;
- To manage and handle a diverse portfolio of complex and often large claims arising from the assigned line(s) of business.
- To open new claims and to set reserves; to carry out early appropriate investigations in respect of policy coverage, liability and quantum.
- Fairly, promptly and proactively negotiates settlement of claims and communicates promptly on cover.
- Reserves claims accurately in accordance with Company guidelines and best practices, ensures that Company service standards are upheld and maintains data accuracy.
- Ensures that vendors provide a market leading, cost effective service to both insured and the company by continually monitoring their performance, cost and quality.
- Provides market leading claim service working closely with the Claim Management team and the broader business to deliver and enhance the claim offering.
- Maintains a close collaborative working relationship with underwriters, actuaries and risk management, and where appropriate, promotes the interests of Travelers by working with other business areas.
- To work as a team member providing such support as required by other members of the team and to fully participate in individual and shared project work.
- Partners with Underwriting to sell and market business and strengthen external client relationships.
- Attend to the Insured and Brokers and to promote the values of the department and the company and the services that it provides.
You will need;
- Experience of handling casualty, motor and liability claims
- CII or progressing to is preferred
- Significant experience and sound judgment handling claims within casualty, motor and liability
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Thorough technical expertise with proven track record managing key client accounts, addressing trends and issues affecting their business and mitigating risks and exposures required.
Licensing or Certificates
- Market experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced communication skills.
- Advanced customer focus.
- Intermediate strategic planning.
- Intermediate business perspective.
- Intermediate ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Intermediate openness to influence, flexibility
- Intermediate team work.
- Advanced credibility.
- Team player with positive attitude and effective engagement skills
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (Can stand at will) (Frequency)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequency)
- Use of Display Screen Equipment (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.